Advantages of prefabricated metal buildings
The design of the modern prefabricated steel building has evolved over the years. Today, there are many applications for metal buildings such as light industrial, commercial, barndominiums, community, agricultural, and specialty steel buildings.
Compared to other construction materials and conventional steel structures, prefabricated metal buildings offer many advantages. These include:
- Quicker and more efficient to design because of standardized components
- About 30% lighter because of more efficient use of steel in framing systems and components being roll-formed for minimum weight
- Requires easier to construct and lightweight foundation
- Open floor plans (Clear span with no structural interior columns)
- Flexible and easier to add accessories like windows, doors and ventilation with standardized, interchangeable parts
- Overall cost per square footage is much lower
- Quicker delivery time
- Assembly, construction and erection is fast compared to other materials
- Strong, durable, resistant to termites and other destructive insects
- Future expansions are simpler, cost effective and will not violate safety requirements
- Metal buildings are energy efficient and sustainable with virtually 100% recyclable at the end of their useful lives
- Contributes to LEED points and Energy Star certifications
Let’s get started – call 979.596.1451 or just fill out the Quick RFQ form on the right hand side of this page.